* Practice recorder through free online games by clicking the picture above!
Why Play Recorders?
- The recorder is a natural first instrument for children it is a melodic instrument, which is close in range to the child’s singing voice.
- Reading recorder music allows students to further apply their music reading skills they have been developing since 1st grade.
- The size of the soprano recorder is perfect for a child’s hands.
- The technique required to play the recorder provides a solid foundation for students who wish begin a band instrument in 5th grade. (Many woodwind instruments utilize fingerings very similar to recorder fingerings!)
- It’s great fun!